Tuesday 5 October 2010

Blockout

After spending many hair pulling hours I have finally found a way to convert the basic blockout from sketchup into 3ds max. I used a piece of software called meshlab. After chatting to Dean and Stas I have prioritised parts of my scene by importance. This way I can model the scene and if I start to run out of time I can leave out some assets.

Now that I have got the model into 3ds max I have remodelled everything to the grid and have added 2 more of the buildings. I will be done with the blockout soon and can then move on to designing Frank.



The reason for blocking out the level is so that I can have a little bit of pre-viz work to see what the camera will see when the trailer is made.

I have tried to model as much as possible as modular pieces as I've never done this before and it is something that I need to learn to do.
Dean was unsure about whether I would have enough time to model everything but after I explained about the modular pieces he seemed a lot more relaxed about my workload.

No comments: