Monday 2 May 2011

hey all

Hi guys,
I have resoled some of the issues from yesterday. Thanks to my own stupidity I had to re render a whole bunch of frames but oh well, it's done now. I have rendered those frames out and I have also discovered a way of using the shadow from an object when it isn't there, so the lighting problem on Frank is now a thing of the past.
I now need to work really quickly in what I am doing so that is what I have been doing.
I have done a very quick test of the rain in after effects and I am fairly happy with the results so far. The render times are also fairly good. Took about 7 minutes for 45 seconds of footage, which isn't too bad considering the way I wanted to do it would take about 10 hours for 3 seconds of footage.
Here is a video of what I have so far
I now need to go and edit Frank's texture map so that he has stubble on his head, and I also need to give him a wet specular map, and re-normal his hands. I also need to get him animated ASAP, which I am a bit worried about, but I'm sure I can pull it off.

Let me know what you guys think please,
cx

No comments: